[b-greek] Re: 1 Corinthians 2:13,14

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 23:01:42 EST

<x-html>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica>In a message dated 3/27/2002 10:03:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, cauley@airmail.net writes:
<BR>
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;hA KAI LALOUMEN OUK EN DIDAKTOIS ANQRWPINHS SOFIAS LOGOIS ALL
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=2>EN DIDAKTOIS</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>PNEUMATOS hAGIOU PNEUMATIKOIS PNEUMATIKA SUGKRINONTES YUCIKOS DE ANQPWPOS .
<BR>. .
<BR>
<BR>Does the adjective PNEUMATIKOIS refer back to the noun LOGOIS or to a
<BR>non-stated noun ANQPRWPOIS as possibly alluded to in the context? &nbsp;Or is
<BR>PNEUMATIKOIS functioning in some other way not mentioned? &nbsp;I am inclined to
<BR>think that it is referring to LOGOIS, but I would like to hear the evidence
<BR>for other opinions here.
<BR>_______________________
<BR>
<BR>Neither. &nbsp;I'm trying to think of a comparison. &nbsp;Suppose I were to say
<BR>
<BR>"We speak regarding music to the musical - comparing baroque to baroque."
<BR>
<BR>It's perhaps not a very good comparison - sorry. &nbsp;Maybe it will nevertheless convey the structure of the passage. &nbsp;PNEUMATIKA is the direct object of the participle SUGKRINONTES and PNEUMATIKOIS are the things with which they are SUGKRINONTES. Think of "comparing apples to apples" (or if you wish to use Platonic terms "appleness").
<BR>
<BR>gfsomsel
<BR></FONT>
---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>