[b-greek] Re: [b-greek]transliteration

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 05:44:20 EST

<x-flowed>
At 07:35 28/03/02, c stirling bartholomew wrote:

>Many of us, by the way, don't read the transliterated Greek in the posts
>anyway, we just open up the text in Accordance or whatever and read it
>there.

Good advice, which I strongly endorse.
Surely it is only in a few cases, such as textual variants, grammatical
queries involving differing forms, antecedents etc that transliteration is
required, and then only the relevant terms rather than chunks of text?

Should we not take it as a given on a list named B-GREEK that the text,
either in printed or electronic form, is to hand?

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[Bray, Ireland]

"Apply yourself wholly to the text; apply the text wholly to yourself."
- Johann Albrecht Bengel