[b-greek] RE: 2nd Corinthians 5:10

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 09:53:55 EST

<x-flowed>
Iver:

You wrote:

-----
>KAKOS can also mean "bad" as opposed to "good", e.g. the good slave and the
>bad slave.
>ATOPOS is very simliar to KAKOS, but a more rare word for "wrong, bad".
>FAULOS seems to be a stronger word, more like English "evil".
------

The sense I get from BDAG is different than what you have
said here. FAULOS seems to be a far less harsh word. It
seems to denote "to be relatively inferior in quality, ordinary."
In fact, BDAG suggests this is how 2 Cor. 5:10 is to be understood.

On what basis do you give FAULOS the sense of "evil" ?

Thanks,

Mark Wilson