[b-greek] Textbooks for Principles of Exegesis Class

From: Brian Tucker (niqmaddu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 08:26:37 EST

I am preparing my syllabus for Principles of Greek Exegesis course that I
will teach this summer. This is in a Seminary setting. I am planning on
using the following books and would like to know if there are any other
books I should consider. They already have (BDAG, UBS4, Wallace, Mounce
from previous semesters).

Windham, Neal. New Testament Greek for Preachers and Teachers: Five Areas
of Application. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1991. [NTGPT]

Silva, Moises. Explorations in Exegetical Method: Galatians as a Test
Case. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1996. [EEM]

1. I am concerned about the Windham book being outdated (1991).

2. I was planning on having them translate Galatians - that is why I am
using Silva's book.

Thanks,
Brian Tucker
Adjunct Professor