[b-greek] 1 Cor 3:15 (The force of the future indicative)

From: Moon-Ryul Jung (moon@sogang.ac.kr)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 12:15:40 EST

1 Cor 3:15.

AUTOS DE SWQHSETAI, hOUTWS DE hWS DIA PUROS.

The future statement AUTOS DE SWQHSETAI is qualified
by hOUTWS DE hWS DIA PUROS.

If we understand DIA PUROS to mean "barely", does it make
the future statement a possibility which may not be realized
or does not affect the validity of the future statement?

It seems to have to do with the force of the future statement.
My question seems to come down to:
Can we understand SWQHSETAI to mean WOULD BE SAVED?

Moon
Moon R. Jung
Sogang Univ, Seoul, Korea