[b-greek] hWS EX ERGWN in Rom 9.32a

From: Steven Lo Vullo (slovullo@mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 21:18:05 EDT

Hi all:

Rom 9.32a: DIA TI? hOTI OUK EK PISTEWS ALL' hWS EX ERGWN

My question concerns the use of hWS here. Accordance tags it as a subjective
particle. If I understand this correctly, it means that hWS introduces a
noun clause. But if so, what slot does it here fill? And can anyone give me
some advice as to how to distinguish hWS when it is a subjective particle
from hWS when it is a subordinating conjunction? I would have pegged the use
in Rom 9.32 as a subordinating conjunction.

Steven Lo Vullo
Madison, WI
slovullo@mac.com