[b-greek] Mark 9:2

From: Luke Hartman (lkh@mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 03:50:23 EST

I was reading in Accordance (you PC users donšt know what you're missing),
and became confused by something in Mark 9. I checked the text in
Nestle-Aland to ensure that it wasn't a Gramcord error.

HO IHSOUS TON PETRON KAI TON IAKWBON KAI TON IWANNHN KAI ANAFEREI AUTOUS EIS
OROS hUYHLON KAT IDIAN MONOUS.

My question is IDIAN. Why is it feminine? What does it refer to? I can't
find a word that it would agree with (as I was taught to do with
adjectives).

Also, what is the difference between the Aland text and the UBS?

Thanks B-Greekers!

Luke Hartman
Bible Student and hopeful Greek nerd
Oklahoma Christian University