[b-greek] Greek plural of proper names

From: Robert Goodhart (bobgoodhart@msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 15:56:06 EDT

The Greek lexicons note that proper names (such as Paul and Peter) are
indeclensable. Does this mean there is no difference between the singular
and plural in the spelling of a proper name? For example, in English I
might say, "The name Nigel is not a common name in the United States, but
at a recent wedding there were five Nigels there. We just add the "s" to
change the singular to plural. But in Greek is there any such change for
proper nouns or is it like our word "Sheep" where the spelling is the same
for singular and plural?

Thank you for your help.

Bob Goodhart