[b-greek] EK PISTEWS EIS PISTIN (Ro 1.17)

From: David Bielby (dbielby@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 16:26:10 EDT

If I'm understanding this passage correctly, the lexical entries that
permit PISTEWS to be translated as faithfulness probably cannot be applied
to this passage. Are there any grammars that deal specifically with this
issue? I noticed the NIV renders it differently from the NKJV. Neither
rendering fits with the phrase 'faithfulness to faith'.

I really don't know which option is correct...and I cannot remember where
in my Grammars to look to double check this. A correlary to this that may
be off list, but I would be interested to read private notes concerning
would be the practical theological implications of the three options for
this phrase...since it's such a key passage to the book of Romans.

Any help is appreciated.

David Bielby
Pastor

Vineyard