[b-greek] Re: EK PISTEWS EIS PISTIN (Ro 1.17)

From: Bryant J. Williams III (bjwvmw@com-pair.net)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 02:22:29 EDT

Dear Pastor Bielby,

I have understood the phrase EK PISTEWS EIS PISTIN, to mean "out of faith toward (into) faith."
The idea being that the gospel is the power of God bringing the individual from "outside or out
of faith" (non-believer) toward faith (believer). This I think fits well with the entire thrust
of Romans and "justification by faith."

En Xpistw,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III