[b-greek] Re: e-Greek & information discounts

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 17:33:31 EDT

on 4/11/02 1:47 PM, Percer, Leo wrote:

> I want to know why you feel this way Clay. Why does the presence of
> easily accessible text somehow discount the value of it?

Because I already have the information available to me. You have not told me
anything that I don't already know. Simple?

Thanks, Leo enjoy the sun. It is raining in Seattle which is highly
predictable information therefore not significant.

Clay Bartholomew

PS.

Yes commentaries are getting long. Quality does not seem to be related
directly to quantity. I did a study of Luke several years ago and made use
of Fitzmeyer, D. Bock (aprox. 2,200 pages), A. Plummer (ICC), and I. H.
Marshall (NIGTC). I found Plummer the most useful (shortest) and Fitzmeyer
very helpful. I simply got very tired of wading through D. Bock and I.H.
Marshall wasn't even speaking my language. I am sure that the NIGTC tome on
1Cor will be very thrilling to some folks who want to see the author
interact with all the secondary literature, but I will return it to the
library and forget about it.