[b-greek] brothers and sisters

From: Vince Endris (vince_endris@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 16:54:47 EDT

<x-flowed>
>And as far as the early Church is concerned, all Christian Elders were
> >male, as were all the Apostles: "brothers in Christ". The generic >term
>"Brothers" includes "sisters" unless specifically mentioned >otherwise.

Is this the same for all of Paul's letter's where practically every modern
translation has "brothers and sisters"? Is there any evidence that Paul
think himself to be writing to the women in a church? Would it make any
difference if we were to know who exactly Paul was writing: the whole church
or the elders of a church?