[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Environmental Farm Planning, Best Management Practices (fwd)

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: "Bruce T. Bowman" <bbowman@julian.uwo.ca>
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture,sci.agriculture
Subject: Environmental Farm Planning, Best Management Practices
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 17:24:41 -0400

I would invite you to visit our Canada-Ontario Agriculture Green Plan
sit at:

http://res.agr.ca/lond/gp/gphompag.html

This Federal-Provincial program is designed to promote the development
of sustainable agricultural practices in the Province of Ontario.

Recently we have posted the introductions to 10 Best Management Practice
(BMP) booklets, which are designed as support material for farmers
completing their farm plans here in Ontario. They are also
exellent resource materials for Ag classes at both the primary and
secondary school levels.

For those interested, there are order forms available for obtainng the
complete booklets.

Also have a look at a linked site, the Pest Management Research Centre,
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, in London Ontario at:

http://res.agr.ca/lond/pmrc/pmrchome.html

Amongst information on our centre, and a number of interesting FAQs on
earhtowrms and ginseng, we also have extensive overviews of
Ag-Environmental programs conducted in Ontario during the past decade.

Bruce Bowman, Webmaster
mailto:bowman@em.agr.ca
------- end of forwarded message -------

--
:
Lawrence F. London, Jr., Venaura Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA