[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Human vs. natural influences on the environment

In article <321FE76B.DEF3A0@math.nwu.edu>,
   Leonard Evens <len@math.nwu.edu> wrote:
>charliew wrote:
>
>> Many people already admit that a carbon balance on the
>> atmosphere indicates that some of the carbon is being
>> absorbed by something, presumably the oceans (some carbon
is
>> missing in the balance).  If we don't know how this
mechanism
>> works, how do we know that it can't bring CO2
concentrations
>> to a new equilibrium level?
>>
>This, I think, is an example of where a little knowledge is
>a little knowledge.   In any case, it is not a valid basis
for
>coming to a conclusion.

You just helped me make my point.  At this time, we don't
know enough to come to a valid conclusion yet.  I am
cautioning against trying to draw a conclusion before more
data are gathered.