From: allenw@bnr.ca (Allen Willson)
Newsgroups: alt.food,alt.agriculture.misc,sci.agriculture
Subject: Re: History of Site-specific farming
Date: 1 Mar 1994 10:08:54 -0600

In article <1994Mar1.130929.21798@news.weeg.uiowa.edu>,
James Meade <jnmeade@news.weeg.uiowa.edu> wrote:
>TW,
>
>Call 800-808-2828 and talk to Grant Mangold, editor of ag/INNOVATOR magazine.
>He does a lot on site-specific farming and even if he doesn't have the answer,
>he'll know all the heavy-weights in the field and can give you excellent
>references.
>
>Also, we talk about GIS/GPS site specific farming in the Agribusiness Section
>of Investors Forum.
>
>Jim

There is a very good article about the use of GPS (Global Positioning Satellite)
in the February 1994 issue of 'Professional AgriCenter Dealer' journal. . .
it covers a fertilizer company in my community who is using GPS to do site-
specific farming and is having great results.

If you can't find the journal, you can contact the provider of its service
(American Cyanimid) or its publisher (RW Communications) at 202-628-5611.

If you want to talk to the people who are using the GPS system, I can get you
their phone numbers. . .I'm sure they would be able to give you info.

-Allen