Newsgroups: misc.rural
From: colson@tc.fluke.COM (Gary Colson)
Subject: Re: bat houses
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 19:55:27 GMT

In article <1994May13.210115.29528@nmt.edu> martha@baervan.nmt.edu (Martha Cather) writes:

>what a coincidence,
>
>A friend of mine just walked into my office and plunked down a book
>entitled "The Bat House Builder's Handbook" by Merlin Tuttle and
>Donna Hensley.   The book came from Bat Conservation INternational,
>PO Box 162603, Austin TX 78716. It has many plans for bat houses,
>along with lots of useful information about bats (or propoganda, if
>you are one of the above-posting bat haters).  Personally, I think
>we had about 23 million mosquitos per night last year, and I live in
>the middle of a desert.  Yes, we had to screen in our porch last year,
>and no bug zappers do not work for the bugs that eat us--gnats and
>mosquitos.
>
>Martha in NM

Thanks for the above post concerning the bat house book.  I'll see
about ordering it..........after I get through reading the incredible
flames generated from my original post.....my apologies to those of
you being offended.  It's too bad....I had just discovered misc.rural
& pleased to find it so civil compared to rec.motorcycles...oh well

Gary