[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Book on weeds?

JSTONE9352 (jstone9352@aol.com) wrote:
: Does anyone know of a good book on weeds.?  What I am looking for is a
: book that is just about weeds and not flowers, trees and then weeds as a
: seperate section but just weeds only.  Something along the line of a Zim
: or Golden book, that is not too scientific but has illustrations and a
: brief description.  I saw one in a bookstore years ago but now I can't
: find one.           John S.

The one I find so useful here in Spokane is _Weeds of the West_,
published by the Western Society of Weed Science in cooperation with the
Western US Land Grant Universities Cooperative Extension Services. This
is a quality text with photographs of different stages of growth and
different plant parts. Text is also highly descriptive. It includes a
number of the grasses. The book is considered a bible to the Noxious Weed
folks here.

For order info, write: The Western Society of Weed Science, PO Box 963,
Newark CA 94560. This is a 600+ page book, no more technical than a good
field guide, and sells (I think) somewhere around $20.

Amberlyn