shamanism, farming, music, and beyond...

From: Mr Eng-Leong Foo (ECOTECH'94 Network Manager)
UNESCO Microbial Resources Center, Karolinska Inst. 17177 Stockholm,
E-mail: eng-leong.foo@mtc.ki.se Fax:  46-8-331547
                ************************************
To signoff from ET-ANN, email LISTSERV@SEARN.SUNET.SE with message:
SIGNOFF ET-ANN
Article 34297 of rec.gardens:
From: Jack Sanders <jfsanders@delphi.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Re: Seeking book recommendations -- herbs and wildflowers
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 20:38:47 -0500

Milt Epstein <epstein@ta9.cs.uiuc.edu> writes:

>Hi.  I was hoping to get some book recommendations.  Two actually.
>One for something on herb gardening, and the other on wildflowers (but
>perhaps you already figured that out :-).  I'm interested in books

If you are interested in learning of the natural history, folklore, name
origins, etc., as well as something about gardening with wildflowers,
I would humbly (well, perhaps not) recommend "Hedgemaids and Fairy
Candles: The Lives and Lore of North American Wildflowers" (TAB/McGraw-Hill,
1993), written by this writer. It might help you decide which species
would be most fun to have as well as which would do best in your
environment.

All the best,
--Jack