[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: herb books

In article <3319vp$m3j@search01.news.aol.com>, ckirkg@aol.com (CkirkG) writes:
> I have purchased a home with a tremendous herb garden.  Being somewhat
> herb illiterate, I am seeking a good illustrated reference book or two.
> Suggestions?
>
> I would also love ideas on using herbs as gifts.
>
> J. G.

One of my favorites because it's a good quick reference is Martha E. Kraska,
_Herbs_ (New York: Prentice Hall Gardening, 1992); it's one of the Burpee
American Gardening Series, $8.00 on my copy, though that may have changed
in two years.  Not encyclopedic, by any means, but it does give a quick over-
view of a wide range of herbs and their cultivation needs, as well as asstd.
uses for them, a short section on pests and diseases (tho that part hasn't
been as helpful), a few FAQ.

Dina