[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Organic Gardening Book Recommendations?

: : I'm just starting out with organic gardening and was wondering if
: : you would be kind enough to share with me your recommendations for the
: : most useful organic gardening books.  I'm interested in books with

The books that I recomend the most are Geoff Hamilton's book " The
organic garden" by crown publishers 1987 and " Rodale's Chemical-free
yard and garden". I like the first book particularly because of the good
pictures and step by step process. The second book has tones of good
information about a lot of stuff, particularly the science of this aspect
of organic gardening. If you are interested in pest control in organic
gardens, I picked up a really good book by Sunset on organic pest
control. It's got excilent pictures and ideas + one that I would recomend
for people who are just starting out in organic gardening and need a
quick trouble shooting book ( I lots my copy so I don't know the specific
title ).

Heather Middleton
Environmental biology
University of Guelph