[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Professsor Pimentel Info...

	"The Tightening Conflict: Population, Energy Use, and the Ecology
of Agriculture," by Mario Giampietro and David Pimentel; taken from THE
NPG FORUM (Negative Population Growth), October, 1993.

	"Natural Resources and an Optimum Human Population," by David
Pimentel, Rebecca Harman, Mathew Pacenza, Jason  Pecarsky and Marcia
Pimentel to be published in 'Population and Environment: A Journal of
Interdisciplinary Studies, Volume 15, Number 5, May 1994.

	These are both small papers, with the usual overlap of
information. Taken in context, comparing the work of Kenneth Boulding, J.
K. Galbraith, Ursula Franklin, and A. Toffler (to name a few) much that he
says seems plausible.

"In that hollow upon which just now, I think a spirit born of my own blood
laments the guilt which, down below, costs one so much." Canto XXIX,
Inferno_Dante Alighieri (translation by Allen Mandelbaum.)