[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Anasazi culture

Can anyone recommend a good book dealing with the Anasazi?  This is for a
friend of mine, who has already read _Cycles of Conquest_ and _When Jesus
Came the Corn Mothers Went Away_.  He needs something that is challenging
but not technical archeology.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  You can reply directly to me.
 --

Joseph M. O'Neal                      512-448-8745
St. Edward's University             FAX: 512-448-8767

A sad fact, of course, about adult life is that you see the very things
you'll never adapt to coming toward you on the horizon.  You see them as
the problems they are, you worry like hell about them, you make
provisions, take precautions, fashion adjustments, you tell youself
you'll have to change your way of doing things.  Only you don't.  You
can't.  Somehow it's already to late.  And maybe it's even worse than
that; maybe the thing you see coming from far away is not the real thing,
the thing that scares you, but its aftermath.  And what you've feared
will happen has already taken place. . . And in that very way our life
gets over before we know it.  We miss it.  And like the poet said: "The
ways we miss our lives are life."  Richard Ford, Independence Day.