[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SOURCE-square plot gardening, companion planting

Also, don't overlook the books written by John Jeavons of
Ecology Action.  They advocate the "biointensive" gardening
method, which is fairly similar (though more comprehensive)
than the "Square Foot Gardening" series (which I found very
informative, too).  The titles are:  "How to Grow More
Vegetables Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You
Can Imagine" (whew!), and "Lazy-Bed Gardening:  The Quick and
Dirty Guide" (co-authored by Carol Cox).  The last title is a
"simplified" version of the first book.  Both can be found (or
ordered) in any good bookstore, or you could order Ecology
Action's catalog, by writing:

Ecology Action, 5798 Ridgewood Road, Willits CA  95490

They also carry a lot of books on organic gardening and
companion plants, etc.

By the way, PBS also released a series of videos of the "Square
Foot Gardening" series.  Doubt you'd find them at Blockbuster,
but our library carries them in their videotape department.
You can get the gist of the square-foot concept in just a few
hours.