[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Soil qualities (fwd)

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 14:46:00 +0000 (GMT)
From: "Nachtergaele, Freddy" <Freddy.Nachtergaele@fao.org>
Subject: Soil qualities
To: Sustag <sustag-l@listproc.wsu.edu>
Cc: Sunet <sunet-mg@ces.ncsu.edu>, Sombroek/Florin <Reto.Florin@fao.org>,
        "Brinkman, Robert" <Robert.Brinkman@fao.org>,
        AGL-Registry <AGL-Registry@fao.org>

TO   :    Principles of Sustainable Agriculture

     I have been observing fragments of the ongoing discussion on soil
qualities and could not shake off a feeling of deja vu. Careful consideration
of the difference between land characteristics and land qualities as spelled
out in the Framework for Land Evaluation (FAO, 1976 (!)) might help to focus
the discussion better.

     If you have no direct access to this publication which is now out of
print, I can send you copy of the relevant pages if you e-mail me your
address.

     Best regards,

     Yours sincerely,

     F. Nachtergaele
     Technical Officer
     Soil Resources, Management and Conservation Service
     Land and Water Development Division

LA 29/13
cc:  Nachtergaele, chron.
     AGLSR Group