[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Favorite authors

> I'd like to add Ruth Stout who wrote "Marigolds and Peacock Manure" about
> low input horticultural techniques,

Correction here...Ruth Stout, sister of mystery writer Rex Stout, was the
permanent deep mulch lady as someone also said. Wrote 2-3 books on the system.

Janet Gillespie wrote the above book. Somehow I think it's Peacock Manure and
Marigolds, but I might be wrong. In it she mentions a old folks way to get rid
of woodchucks (some places called groundhogs). I've used the method twice and
it works, but I'm hesitant to post it because I don't want to be laughed (or
flamed) off the Net.

Pat