[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Agroecology text ideas?

I'll be teaching a course in "Ecology of Agriculture" next semester, and
I'm still looking for a good textbook.  It is a graduate-level course,
designed for students who may have little background in ecology or
agricultural sciences.  Here's a short description of what I plan to cover:

This course will deal with the biological and physical attributes of
agricultural systems in temperate and tropical regions, and basic
ecological principles affecting agricultural processes.  We will address
the ecological consequences of indigenous food production systems,
industrialized agricultural systems, and "alternative" systems
incorporating biological and cultural nutrient management and pest
control.  Students will work with several decision cases through the
semester that integrate their understanding of concepts.

Does anyone have ideas of a good text?  Thanks for suggestions!

Molly D. Anderson
Director, Degree Program in Agriculture, Food and Environment
Tufts University School of Nutrition Science and Policy
Medford, MA  02155
Ph:  617/627-3223
Fax:  617/627-3887