[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tissue culture!!!

TO: time@ice.com (Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.)
Subject: RE: Tissue Culture????
From: Dr. Victor Kuzevanov <vic@bogard.irkutsk.su>

Dear Tim:
Greetings from "frozen" Siberia!
I received a copy of your request through HYDROPONICS.
I would recommend you to read following books:
   1. Genetics and conservation of rare plants. (Donald A.Falk and Kent
E.Holsinger, eds.), Oxford University Press, New York - Oxford, 1991,
ISBN 0-19-504629-1 (it has good articles and complete references, for
instance p.225-277).
   2. Plant cell culture: A practical approach (R.A.Dixon, ed.)
IRL Press Limited, 1985. ISBN 0-947946-22-5
   3. J.Reinert, M.M.Yeoman. Plant cell and tissue culture. A laboratory
manual. Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 1982.
ISBN 3-540-11316-9 and ISBN 0-387-11316-9.

They are not brand new but might be useful.

Here at the Irkutsk Botanic Garden, Siberia, we started "Gene Banking
Project for ex situ Preservation of Rare and Endangered Plant in the Lake
Baikal region" which will include long-term tissue cultures also. We are
interested to be in touch with enthusiastic persons interested in rare plant
conservation and propagation as well as with environmentally inclined people.

I wish you all the best in your work with rare plants.
Is this your professianl interest or just for fun?

Sincerely yours,
Dr. Victor Kuzevanov, Ph.D,
Director