Re: Soil Quality (fwd)

Tom Hodges (sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu)
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 06:00:08 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 20:16:19 WST
From: Warwick Rowell <warwick@bettong.eepo.dialix.oz.au>
To: sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: Re: Soil Quality (fwd)

My paraphrase of Manfred Max Neef:

"When we talk about "sustainable productivity" we accept "productivity" and
argue about the meaning and amounts of "sustainability". If we turn the
words around: "developing sustainability" we are talking about a
totally different paradigm."

It was from a paper he wrote for the South Commission report about foure
years ago. It contained a number of very good articles on the problems
of measuring economies, about the problems of GNP as a measure, and
about alternative measures.

Even in this series, Manfred's clarity and quality of thinking shone
through.

Now, the exact reference..

It hasn't emerged. But I have just shifted my office. My apologies.
Can anyone else help?

| warwick.rowell@eepo.com.au |
| |
| Management Consultant Permaculture Designer |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"___"Helping Land Managers Learn"_|