TH: Pawlonia, Misc ...

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
 Hi Tree-House Folks -

 Just a few rambling notes from your ever-fretting list operator ...

 In the past I liked to post an essay on different tree species
 every few weeks, excerpted from some authoritative source -- often
 a classic forestry book, sometimes decades old or older.  The past
 few months my computer programming work has really tied me up,
 and I'll try to submit some writings this weekend on the Pawlonia
 species, which is widely considered to be a 'weed' tree here in Bal-
 timore, but which is revered as sacred and very valuable in Asia.

 I'll also quote some recent postings from Finland's 'FOREST' List-
 Serv, where they are debating the current trend of Pawlonia agro-
 forestry as an energy source, etc.  If you have any anecdotal or
 technical information regarding this fast-growing, wide-spread
 introduced species with its conspicuous flowers and fruits, you
 might want to share those with us.

 With my competing other commitments it has been very exciting hearing
 from such a diversity of our listees lately.  Tree-House always strives
 to be a place where amateur and expert tree enthusiasts can learn from
 and motivate each other.  Realistically this is the only way that com-
 munity forestry and ecosystem restoration efforts can hope to proceed.

 For our several new subscribers, if you want to subscribe or unsubscribe
 this list, you can simply send a note to me and it will be taken care
 of usually within a few hours.  But I must note here that recently mem-
 bers have gotten much savvier about such things, indicating a general evo-
 lution on the Internet.  Finally, for whomever might wonder who 'I' is,
 Richard is an unschooled tree-lover in urban Baltimore, who started this
 list while promoting neighborhood tree stewardship in the inner-city with
 his friend Gary Letteron, who is well-known as a local tree activist.

 Tree-House is provided as a public service without any funding from
 any sources, out of a hope to organize and network independent community
 forestry initiatives in human-occupied habitats -- urban and otherwise.

 (un)subscribe Requests:
 Richard@Flora.Com
 Richard Tryzno Ellsberry | FloraList Operations | Baltimore USDA Zone 7