[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

story on plagarism on NPR

This is a bit off-topic since it didn't involve the Internet, but did
anyone happen to hear the story last Thursday near the end of All Things
Considered about the poet who was plagarized?

They interviewed a poet who had a poem that was blatantly plagarized, and
has since wrote a book about how he tracked the plagarizer down, tried to
negotiate some sort of apology or compenstation, etc.  I was in my car at
the time and didn't write down the details but I'm interested in finding
the book.  The only thing I can remember for sure is that the plagarizer
was a poet named Jones (just a coincidence, I'm sure).

Did anyone else hear this story and remember who the author of the book
was?  Could it be the same case you mentioned in class earlier in the week,
Paul?

Gary