[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saving the internet(on tape)

the guy is Brewster Kahle one of the founders of Thinking Machines and
more lately the inventor of WAIS and the former president of WAIS Inc
(which he sold to AOL for many $$$). The project is archive.org whihch I
encourage you to check out.
(Disclosure section: Brewster is an old buddy of mine and I've asked him
be on the ILS board of visitors--he wants to participate via MBONE or
other conferencing technologies).
He's been in a major media blitz lately having been on Soundings (NPR's
National Humanities Center show), HotWired (packet's hotseat) and others.

                             Paul Jones
Certified Black Helicopter Pilot *** Unwitting Dupe of One World Gov'ment
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pjones/     The Unix Web Server Book (Ventana 1997)
  pjones@sunsite.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071