[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:DRUCKER SAYS "UNIVERSITIES WON'T SURVIVE"

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Chris Brannon wrote:

## >Can it be that the video-conferencing courses satisfy one kind of
## >learning -- they might be particularly well-suited to home-bound folks,
##
## I think you've hit the nail on the head.  "Distance learning" is a new
## service, not an evolutionary path.

I have to agree to that...but Distance learning is no-more "distance" learing
with these online-technologies....what does the word distance mean
when there is a virtual class taken by a proffessor and u can interact
in real-time and do things which u can do in on a "on-campus" course...
The learing IS there but the synergy of  a class-room discussion is lost
..which I think is more due to our personal prejudices towards technology
etc...

## Regards,
## Chris

Cheers