[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: N&O article & copyright forms

> "Doctors sit in small, soundproof suites at Pitt County Memorial Hospital to
> meet patients who ar visible on 25-inch television screens.

The last place I lived was at least five hours away from any other
major population
center -- which means any good hospital. In that context, it would make
perfect sense for a doctor in El Paso, Texas, to consult with a patient
in Alpine, Texas, 4.5 hours away by car (and there are no commercial
flights). I met one man who would drive the 4.5 hours every couple of
months to get his heart checked because there was no cardiologist
closer. I think the distance medical treatment has real possibilities in
that context.

Maggie