[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [POINTCAST SET TO BE SWALLOWED BY NEWS CORP. - 3/21/97]

Murdoch and others have gotten very rich by buying already proven
products and services and managing them well whilst knocking out any
competition. That's easier to do if you buy a product with immense market
pentration, ala Pointcast, rather than risk your money on somehting
untried--as say teh Washington Post did on Digital Ink.

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Karl Lietzan wrote:

> Not that I'm any kind of an expert, but I think that Murdoch could develop
> something better than PointCast for a lot less than 400 - 500 million.
> What's going on here?
> Karl

                             Paul Jones
Certified Black Helicopter Pilot *** Unwitting Dupe of One World Gov'ment
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pjones/     The Unix Web Server Book (Ventana 1997)
  pjones@sunsite.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071

Follow-Ups: References: