[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NCAA online reporter ban

censorship or merely control of the NCAA product?

From: Steve Outing <steve@planetarynews.com>

I took a few days off from writing my Stop The Presses! column (E&P), but
resume today. You might be interested in today's topic, which covers how
the NCAA banned online reporters from covering the Final Four. USA Today,
one of the aggrieved parties, is doing some saber rattling. Meanwhile,
the NCAA's Web site (produced by TotalSports, a new company by Nando
veterans Frank Daniels III and George Schlukbier) experienced enviable
traffic counts.

The column is at http://www.mediainfo.com/ephome/news/newshtm/stop/stop.htm

Steve Outing                                   Planetary News
steve@planetarynews.com                        Boulder, Colorado, USA
online-news-owner@planetarynews.com            voice: 303-543-7810
online-newspapers-owner@planetarynews.com      fax: 303-543-1059
      *Consulting services for the interactive news media industry*
                      http://www.planetarynews.com/
           Read my Stop The Presses! column on E&P Interactive:
------- http://www.mediainfo.com/ephome/news/newshtm/stop/stop.htm -------

Posted to ONLINE-NEWS. Made possible by Nando.net - http://www.nando.net