[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Internet in Education

Hi,

Given our recent discussions about the Internet and children, I thought
this might be of interest.

USA Today last Wednesday published a snapshot survey of what teachers think
about using the Internet in the classroom. 53 percent said it is an
excellent idea.

Grade at which they think students should start learning to use the Internet:

52% -- Kindergarten - 3rd Grade

33% -- 4th thru 6th Grade

8% --  7th Grade or higher

6% -- Don't Know

(The numbers don't add up to 100 because of rounding.)
(The survey was conducted by Belden & Russonello for Sun Microsystems.)

CYA

Joey Senat

.

*       Joey Senat                                          *
*       Doctoral Student                                    *
*       School of Journalism & Mass Communication           *
*       University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill          *
*       Voice:  (910) 584-6172                              *
*       E-Mail:  jsenat@email.unc.edu                       *
*       1849 Stratford Road                                 *
*       Burlington, NC   27217                              *