[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How Internet Is Ruining Representative Government (fwd)

This is from a First Amendment list. Cokie Roberts, in a column, complains
that the Internet will ruin representative democracy. Of course, I should
point out that she comes from a family full of Louisiana politicians, so
maybe she's got a vested interest -- as the response at the bottom points
out. But does she have a valid point? I don't think so, but then again, I
believe in full access to public information and I've seen firsthand what
Louisiana politicians are capable of.

Joey

>Forwarded for educational purposes only.

*       Joey Senat                                          *
*       Doctoral Student                                    *
*       School of Journalism & Mass Communication           *
*       University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill          *
*       Voice:  (910) 584-6172                              *
*       E-Mail:  jsenat@email.unc.edu                       *
*       1849 Stratford Road                                 *
*       Burlington, NC   27217                              *