[Next][Index][Thread]

Welcome to WSN!

Thanks to everybody who joined this list. Instead of full formal
introduction of WSN subscribers to each other, I'll provide brief statistics.
There are 220 of us so far, we are from 23 countries (and, by the way,
from six continents). Some people subscribed from the places, where as far
as I know there is no water at all. Academy to industry balance is 190:30.
Gender ratio is 1:10 (to remain politically correct, I wouldn't say in
whose favor). I suspect that this group is diverse in many other aspects
as well, but it is harder to find out from the list of e-mail addresses.

I must apologize for one of my faults: welcome message didn't contain the
information on how to post to WSN. You may post an article to WSN by
sending it to water@gibbs.oit.unc.edu.

I do not think that we would need strict posting rules for WSN. I suggest
just one simple basic rule and two technical rules for now, adjustments
could be made later if necessary.
Basic rule:
Do not post articles unrelated to physics, chemistry and biology of water.
Technical rules:
Include a descriptive subject line in the header of an article.
Sign your article.

Some special restrictions may be required for job and product announcements.
Position wanted/offered article for the same person/position may not be
reposted for 60 days from the date of the original posting.
Product/service announcement for the same version of product/service may
not be reposted for one year. All such articles should be clearly identified
in the subject line, e.g.