[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"molecular modeling" usergroup (fwd)

Sender: "David G. Rhodes" <rhodes@model.phr.utexas.edu>
Subject: WSN: "molecular modeling" usergroup

In case any of you are interested and have not subscribed to
"bioforum@net.bio.net", there is a (short) thread going now pertaining
to whether a 'molecular modeling' group should be formed.

As there would be some interests  in common with WSN, I thought it
appropriate to forward the following (edited) information.

> We have received a proposal below for a new newsgroup,
> MOLECULAR-MODELLING/bionet.molecular.modelling
>
> Discussion on the following proposal will now be open through 22 May
> on BIOFORUM/bionet.general (*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce).
> Proposed e-mail addresses:  molmodel@net.bio.net
>                             molmodel@daresbury.ac.uk
> Discussion Leader:
> 		Philippe Stas                    philstas@vub.ac.be
> 		Dept. of Cellular Immunology
> 		Free University of Brussels      tel: 32-2-359.03.58
> 		Paardenstraat 65                 Fax: 32-2-359.03.59
> 		B1640 St.Genesius Rode
>
> Charter:
>
> This will be a non-moderated newsgroup about the physical and chemical
> aspects of molecular modelling, including discussions about the
> algorithms and the applications behind the software.  Discussion about
> all kinds of molecular modelling techniques, such as homology
> modelling, molecular dynamics, diffuse dynamics, electrostatic
> calculations, surface analysis, will be included in the newsgroup,
> excluding discussions about refinement in X-ray or NMR techniques (see
> other groups).  The newsgroup will not be restricted on the program or
> platform used.  A FAQ will be compiled and posted monthly.

>-- End of excerpt (edited) from David Kristofferson

|  David G. Rhodes                    | Internet: RHODES@MODEL.PHR.UTEXAS.EDU |
|  Pharmaceutics Division             |      (or: RHODES@VAX.PHR.UTEXAS.EDU)  |
|  College of Pharmacy                |                                       |
|  The University of Texas at Austin  | Phone:  (512)471-4681                 |
|  Austin, TX   78712-1074            | Fax :   (512)471-7474         }:)     |