[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Forwarded mail....

Sender: vijaya@chem.psu.edu
Subject: Re: WSN: preprints on-line

>How do I obtain the preprints from Chemical Physics Preprint Database
>It is not clear from which address I should ftp the files.
>I tried to ftp to www.chem.brown.edu, but there is no information about
>the preprints.
>
>Thanks
>Vijaya kumar

Listing or retrieval of papers available in the database can be done by
three means; email, access of a www Server, and anonymous ftp.

E-mail Commands
Commands should be sent to chem-ph@xxx.lanl.gov with the command in the
subject field (e.g. Subject: list new). Only one command at a time is
accepted. Misspellings do not work.

get paper#

returns paper specified by paper#. Each paper is identified by a paper#
which is assigned when the paper is submitted. The paper's number is
given on the forms via www or from a listing obtained via email. To get
the full paper including any figures, use `get paper#'. For example to
retrieve the 2nd paper submitted in May, 1994

        To: chem-ph@xxx.lanl.gov
        Subject: get 9405002

To receive only the abstract, append .abs to paper#, e.g. `get 9209001.abs'.

Anonymous ftp

Anonymous ftp for getting files is enabled on xxx.lanl.gov. Use
        ftp xxx.lanl.gov
        username: anonymous
        password: yourusername
where ``yourusername'' is your name.

The www server can be accessed using any browser (e.g. Mosaic, Lynx) at

Iosif Vaisman
UNC-Chapel Hill