[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

melting of ice (fwd)

Sender: huinink@fenk.WAU.NL
Subject: WSN: melting of ice

Hello,

I am interested in the transition of ice into liquid water, and way
to handle melting with statistical mechanics. About this subject
I have a few questions. I hope that somebody can help me.

1.  Are there a recent reviews dealing with the statiscal mechanics
     of ice and its melting to water?
2.  Is it possible to deduce the partition function of a single water
     molecule (in ice as well as in liquid water) by using Infra-red
     and Raman-spectra? How?
3.   What is the value of the Pauling-result for the entropy of low-
      temperature ice?

Thanks and regards,

Henk Huinink
Departement of Physical and Colloid Chemistry
Wageningen Agricultural University

email:  huinink@fenk.wau.nl