Re: The use of the German word "Sondergut" in NT Studies

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 15:13:43 -0500

At 02:20 PM 11/16/96 -0500, Mr. Timothy T. Dickens wrote:
>Dear Friends at B-Greek,
>
> Today my question has to do with understanding the German word
>"Sondergut." This term seems to be a technical term in literature dealing
>with NT Studies, "Q" studies in particular. I looked up the word in my
>Cassell's German-English dictionary and found dozens of entries to "Sonder"
>and "Gut," but none to "Sondergut."

Tim,

This term isn't related to NT Studies, and you would be just as likely to
find it in a Sears catalog (or Karlstadt) as a theological catalog. It
basically means "specialized items".

I was surprised to find that Sondergut doesn't appear in my Collins-Pons,
and shocked to find that it doesn't appear in Wahrig. It does appear in
catalogs of all kinds.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728