Re: Use of BAGD

Edgar M. Krentz (emkrentz@mcs.com)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 05:55:22 -0500

>At 10:40 AM -0600 11/13/96, Edgar M. Krentz wrote (inter alia):
>>. . . by the way, Fred Danker's book is not out in a fourth edition.
>
>>From what Fred told me, I would not look for the fourth edition to be
>published before the end of 1977. UChicago Press grinds about like the
>mills of God, although perhaps not as "exceeding fine." Ever since the
>catastrophic mishap loss of my BAGD I have been wavering over whether to
>buy another 3rd edition or wait out the interval until the 4th.

Oh what trouble spell ch eckers can get one into. I did indeed write the
above. What I meant to say was that Fred Danker's MULTIPURPOSE TOOLS FOR
BIBLE STUDY *is* out in a fourth edition from Fortress Press, not
Concordia, the publisher of the first three editions.

The comment Carl cited refers to [mea culpa. mea cuoppa,. mea maxima
culpa!] to the *3rd* edition of BAGD. Please excuse my spellchecker that
recognized "not" as a correctly spelled word, even though I meant to write
"now." Oh what fools these mortals be ...!"

Edgar Krentz, New Testament
emkrentz@mcs.com OR ***** ekrentz@lstc.edu
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 East 55th Street