Re: (Fwd) SGML '96, TEI, and Greek texts

Dale M. Wheeler (dalemw@teleport.com)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:06:18 -0800

>This was on the B-GREEK list. I forward it to AIBI-L fyi. Please
>cc: to AIBI-L any responses to the author of the note. Thanks.

Jonathan:

Last year at the SBL Lexicography Consultation we began discussing the
use of SGML (as well as other standards) for the publication of biblical
and related materials. Peter Burton, Kirk Lowry, Dick Whitaker, et.al.,
are the ones steering this effort. There is a new standards group which
is (tentatively) supposed to meet this year to move this work forward;
I received a note from Patrick Durusau about it about a month ago. I
believe all of them are on the AIBI-L list and they can give you the
specifics (but remember that many are already on route to the ETS
meeting, or just about to leave for SBL, so that may not be able to
reply for a while).

XAIREIN...

Dale M. Wheeler, Th.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com