Re: Persian religion and the early formation of Judaism

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:33:26 -0500

Tim,

I may be missing something, but I don't see that this message is directly
related to biblical Greek, and I see from your Cc: list that you have sent
this to other mailing lists which are more appropriate for your question.

Jonathan

At 09:04 AM 11/19/96 -0500, Timothy T. Dickens wrote:
>Dear friends at the above lists,
>
> I am presently looking for some references discussing the
>influence of Persian religion, during the time of Ezra-Nehamiah, upon the
>formation of the newly forming religion of "Judaism." Any suggestions
>will be appreciated.
>
>Peace and Love,
>
>Tim Dickens
>
>MDick39708@gnn.com Home
>ttd3@Columbia.edu School
>
>Please visit my 'new' web page:
>
> http://members.gnn.com/mdick39708/timspge.htm
>
>"Simon Peter said to them, 'Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of
>life,' Jesus said, 'I myself shall make her male, so that she too may
>become a living spirit resembling male. For every woman who will make
>herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."
>
> The Gospel according to Thomas, saying #114

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com
http://www.poet.com <--- shockwave enabled!