Re: How to memorize verb forms...

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 20:23:25 -0500

At 06:52 PM 12/5/96 -0600, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>At 7:28 PM -0600 12/5/96, Alan Repurk wrote:
>>Now as I write this I am beginning to understand where I have gone
>>wrong. I am trying to acquire the skill of being able to say
>>the chart from memory, at least when prompted with the lexical form.

I have to admit that I'm still not clear on this. What should my goals be? I
can often, (but not often enough), figure out the grammatical form of a verb
when I see it in context. Now I would like to change that "often" to
"usually" or even "almost always", at least when reading the GNT.

How should I approach studying this?
What forms do I really need to learn?

Thanks!

Jonathan