Re: b-greek-digest V1 #511

David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:27:21 -0500

At 04:57 PM 12/19/96 -0500, Timothy B. Smith wrote:
>At 01:25 AM 12/19/96 EST, you wrote:
>>
>>b-greek-digest Thursday, 19 December 1996 Volume 01 : Number 511
>

>>> IF the star of Bethlehem had some historical background in
>>>the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in 7/6 BCE, then Mt 2:9 makes
>>>sense.
>>
>> Jack Kilmon's dates for the visibility of the conjunction of Jupiter
>>and Saturn in 7 B.C. do check out. A program I have called Skymap has been
>>accurate for me in portraying eclipses of the sun reported in Antiquity back
>>to 1178 B.C. Setting this program to May 29, 7 B.C., I found that the
>>conjunction of the two named planets was visible in Iraq from about 1:30
>>A.M. to dawn. The conjunction was also visible on Oct. 3 and on Dec. 3 of
>>that year. As viewed from Jerusalem, the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn
>>would have appeared to the south about 10 P.M. on Oct. 3 and about 6 P.M. on
>>Dec. 4. In both cases, over the next hour or two it would have moved some
>>degrees to the west.
>>

>Can anyone give me information about where I can get a copy of Skymap.

If you have World Wide Web access, you can use the URL
http://www.skymap.com

They have an evaluation copy at their site which you can download.
If you need other access, contact me by personal e-mail.

David L. Moore Director
Miami, Florida, USA Department of Education
dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com Southeastern Spanish District
http://members.aol.com/dvdmoore of the Assemblies of God