Re: Downloading from the archives!

Sun, 29 Dec 1996 20:11:03 -0600

At 7:05 PM -0600 12/29/96, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>At 03:28 PM 12/29/96 -0000, Paul F. Evans wrote:
>>Johnathan,
>>
>>I recently lost all of the files of the e-mail accumulated from B-Greek.
>>Some of the insights are invaluable. The stuff on the genitive absolute, =
&
>>other grammatical contructions is a "must have." How do I download from th=
>>archives? Is that even possible? Make it simple, for a computer rookie
>>(not ot mention little-Greek)! Thanks for all your help.
>
>Paul,
>
>You can't really download - is there a particular time frame you are
>interested in, or do you want pretty much everything? You can download lots
>of older stuff from Gramcord, and I could probably get you messages with
>some of the newer stuff.
>
>Of course, you can use "File | Save as..." to save any message you are
>reading using your web browser.

I would assume that what I do on the Mac is possible from other platforms
also: I open up a text file in a simple text-processor, select and copy any
items in a thread from the archives that I wish and paste them
consecutively into the text file; it's really very easy so long as you can
keep both the web browser and the text-processor running at the same time
and move back and forth from one to the other easily.

I am back from my week in Tucson and it's nice being back (it was
awfully--or should I use the current jargon and say "awesomely" nice there,
too!).

(314) 935-4018