Re: Eph 2:15 - EIS hENA KAINON ANQRWPON POIWN *EIRHNHN*

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 07:06:03 -0500

At 10:57 AM 1/29/97 -0600, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

>Would the following formulation muddle things still further, or is it any
>easier to grasp the author's intent in 2:14-15? Of course it's still not
>complete, since the thought continues on into 16.
>
>AUTOS GAR ESTIN hH EIRHNH hHMWN, TO MEN MESOTOICON TOU FRAGMOU LUSAS hWSTE
>TA AMFOTERA hEN POIHSAI, EN DE THi SARKI AUTOU THN TE ECQRAN KAI TON NOMON
>TWN EN DOGMASIN ENTOLWN KATARGHSAS hWSTE THN EIHRHNHN POIEIN, TOUS DUO EIS
>hENA KAINON ANQRWPON EN AUTWi KTIZWN ...

I find that clearer. Should we submit it to UBS for their next edition ;->

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com