Re: Ephesians 3:4 PROS hO DUNASQE ANAGINWSKONTES NOHSAI THN

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 09:58:13 -0500

At 08:05 AM 2/3/97 -0600, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

>Here's where the ACCENTS are important, Jonathan. It's: hO\. Unless the
>article hO is followed by an enclitic (e.g. hO/ GE), it NEVER has an
>accent; when you see a hO with an accent and there's NO following enclitic,
>it can only be a relative pronoun, as it is in fact here: n.sg. relative
>pronoun acc., object of NOHSAI, and I think I would explain this as an
>anticipatory relative clause in apposition to THN SUNESIN MOU, deeming PROS
>as having THN SUNESIN MOU as its chief object.

OK, I admit it, I don't pay much attention to accents on one-syllable
words...I've been burned more than once on this.

I'm bogging down when I try to figure out what you mean here, Carl. I think
you are saying that:

PROS - THN SUNESIN MOU: The object of PROS is THN SUNESIN MOU.
NOISAI hO/ DUNASQE ANAGIWSKONTES: hO/ is the object of NOHSAI

But I still can't get this to turn into a meaningful sentence...

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com